Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a 28 year old man when I was younger

I am a 28 year old man when I was younger

Patient: I am a 28 year old man when I was younger my hands would sweat and shake I always thought it was because of nervousness but over a few years when by I graduated from high school in 2004 and in 2006 the tremors gradually got worse spread basically to whole body hand and leg tremors regardless if I’m sitting down or doing physical activity I’m shaking I was prescribed sinemet 25/100 1 pill 5 times a day it helps to control tremors for couple hours but does that mean that I have Parkinson or something else

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.What you seem to have sound s more like essential tremors which can arise even because of an anxiety disorder. It may involve the whole body and slightest of triggers can cause the whole body to shake with sweating and palpitations.The other possibility is Parkinsonism. I will suggest you get a detailed neurological evaluation done, and the physician can perform some basic tests like leg raising test to confirm the diagnosis, and I will also suggest an MRI of the brain.Some other causes of such tremors are liver cell failure but it will be accompanied with other symptoms, could be a side effect of long term anti-depressants, e.t.cBut based on your history, it’s either essential tremors due to anxiety disorder or Parkinsonism which has to be clinically ruled out.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards