Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a 33 year old woman and I’m having bedwetting

I am a 33 year old woman and I’m having bedwetting

Patient: I am a 33 year old woman and I’m having an issue with bedwetting. This doesn’t occur too often but what is wrong with me? This isn’t normal.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Bedwetting cannot be considered as a normal finding.If y ou are having associated symptoms like increased frequency, urgency of micturition, pain during micturition etc there is a possibility of urinary tract infection.If coughing and sneezing leading to the passage of urine, there is a possibility of stress incontinence.By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, urine microscopy, urine for culture and sensitivity etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.