I am a 33 YOA female, recently diagnosed with bilateral

Patient

Q: I am a 33 YOA female, recently diagnosed with bilateral pulmonary embolism, for the third time in the last 7 years. I have also been diagnosed with several cases of DVT and Thrombophlebitis. I had a retrievable IVC filter placed 7 years ago while hospitalized from a major car accidentaccident, I had DVT the filter was placed to prevent PE. However, it was never removed.
I have yet to be recommended for any sort of genetic or blood testing to find out why I keep developing clots. I'm not on any permanent anticoagulation therapy. I feel like this is a serious condition and I do not feel that it is being treated as such. Several ER doctors at the same hospital are baffled at the fact that I'm not medicated regularly or that no diagnostic testing had been done. My follow up appointments with my GP are short, sweet and to the point and I have yet to be issued refills for anticoagulants. At one point around 3 years ago, I demanded a referral to a vascular surgeon. My appointment with her lasted less than 10 minutes and she never physically examined me. I was told to lose weight and be more active and I wouldn't have a problem. At 5'8" 190lbs, yes I'm overweight, but far from inactive. I workout an hour and a half dailydaily, on top of my 60 hour a week job and taking care of a home and 2 small children.
I guess I'm confused, is this a serious issue or not? Should I just ignore it like my local drs do or should I be actively seeking better treatment?

Doctor