I am a 35 year old male I got a lump under testicle

Patient: I am a 35 year old male. I got a lump under my left testicle that is painful. I haven’t had sex with anyone and the lump is not in the sack. Can you help me please.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.There are various causes of testicul ar lump such as hydrocele, varicocele, epididymal cyst, and rarely testicular carcinoma. Whereas, hydrocele can’t be felt separately, varicocele or epididymal cyst can be palpated apart from the testes separately.It is better to get it physically examined by a urologist and confirm the diagnosis with an ultrasound of the scrotum.Management can be based on the diagnosis.Hope this was helpful.Regards.