I am a 37 year old man and I am

Patient

Q: I am a 37 year old man and I am always tired. No matter how much I sleep. I've tried taking vitamins and no luck. Please help!

Symptoms:  Always tired
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Being always tired can be due to many different reaosons. it would be wise to get a complete blood count and a thyroid assessment done. Anemia and hypothyroidism are the two most common causes of frequent tiredness. Further it could be a depression as well as depression can present with easy fatigue-ability as the prominent symptom. It may be occurring due to imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. The neurotransmitters like serotonine, nor-epinephrine, and dopamine. This condition can be corrected with the help of medicines such as fluoxetine, mirtazapine or venlafaxine. These medicines start showing improvement in 2-3 weeks and the illness requires a treatment of 6-8 months. During this period, try to do regular exercise and eat healthy food and try inculcating some hobby.
Do meet your doctor.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health