I am a 48 year old male with a chronic

Patient: I am a 48 year old male with a chronic cough….however I have been to the doctor and he says everything is ok…he did chest xray said all ok here, then he scheduled a lung function test breathing into a tube puting out a simulated fire on a computer screen I failed 3 out of 4 attemps and with a albuterol treatment I was able to put the fire out 3 out of 4 times…anyway he contacted me by phone and said test was normal nothing here….My question is what coud cause a persistent cough …seems like bronchial because when air from a fan or my car air ac seems to trigger especially cold air and when I touch my sola plex area of my abdomen I can trigger a cough every time! Anybody have answer

Doctor: HI.Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.To recapitulate: Male/48 – chronic cough – air from fan or car A C triggers – albuterol PFT positive, X-ray negative – Wants to know what causes this.With the nice history you have given, it seems this is a persistent cough due to bronchial asthma as the instigating factors are present as well as there is benefit with albuterol.I would advise you to continue the medicines as must have been prescribed by your Doctor(which you have not mentioned)I hope this answer helps you clear your doubts. Get a proper treatment and you will be fine.