I am a 48 year old male with a chronic

Q: I am a 48 year old male with a chronic cough....however I have been to the doctor and he says everything is ok...he did chest xray said all ok here, then he scheduled a lung function test breathing into a tube puting out a simulated fire on a computer screen I failed 3 out of 4 attemps and with a albuterol treatment I was able to put the fire out 3 out of 4 times...anyway he contacted me by phone and said test was normal nothing here....My question is what coud cause a persistent cough ...seems like bronchial because when air from a fan or my car air ac seems to trigger especially cold air and when I touch my sola plex area of my abdomen I can trigger a cough every time! Anybody have answer

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

To recapitulate: Male/48 - chronic cough - air from fan or car AC triggers - albuterol PFT positive, X-ray negative - Wants to know what causes this.

With the nice history you have given, it seems this is a persistent cough due to bronchial asthma as the instigating factors are present as well as there is benefit with albuterol.
I would advise you to continue the medicines as must have been prescribed by your Doctor(which you have not mentioned)

I hope this answer helps you clear your doubts. Get a proper treatment and you will be fine.