Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a 59 year old African American female

I am a 59 year old African American female

Patient: I am a 59 year old African American female. How much vitamin d supplements am I suppose to take?Right now I am taking vitamin d 3 2000 iu and vitamin k 2 100 mg

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Vitamin D is included in most multivitamins, usually in strengths from 50-100 intern ational units (IU). It can be found as softgels, capsules, tablets, and liquids. Recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 600 IU for those 1-70 years of age and pregnant or breastfeeding women, and 800 IU for those over 71 years of age.The RDA of Vitamin K is 80 microgram per day.It is recommended to talk to your Doctor before taking any supplements. I hope this will help you. Take care.