I am a 59 year old male I had

Q: I am a 59 year old male. I had a vasectomy in 1993 (all done with the family thing and no desire for more). I had my right testicle removed in 2000 as it was causing me excruciating pain. Turned out to be non cancerous but may have been related to nerve damage/scarring related to the vasectomy (at least that's what docs suspected).

For my own reasons I'd like to know if it's possible to have my remaining testicle retracted into the body cavity so it could continue to produce testosterone but be out of the way. What might be the down side to this? Your thoughts?