I am a female who gave an unprotected hand job

Patient

Q: I am a female who gave an unprotected hand job and blow job to a man on our third date. I asked if he had been tested recently and was clean and he said yes. I had a fresh cut from picking at my thumb and it was bleeding and his precum got on my cut. I rinsed my hand after but for a couple days after my hand felt slightly numb and tingly. I also gave him unprotected blow job. I noticed he had a brown mole on his penis. A few days later I feel like I have a cold. What is my risk of an STD or HIV?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

If there was an unprotected hand job with a cut on the finger and the pre-cum having smeared the cut and considering that the STD or HIV status of your partner is unknown, there may be chances of contracting HIV if he turns out to be positive or if he has an std. The development of sore throat following blow job after few days can suggest a throat infection following the act which can be streptococcal or for that matter chlamydial if he has an STD.

You may get a std screen done now with a throat swab and culture and also a HIV TEST by HIV RNA testing/ NAAT test after 3 weeks of exposure just to rule out any infection. Though chances of HIV after washing with soap decreases by 89 percent if washed within 5 minutes. nevertheless your anxiety can be allayed only after the results and you must meet your physician for getting these tests done.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,