September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a football scholar aged 17, 11 weeks ago

I am a football scholar aged 17, 11 weeks ago

Patient: I am a football scholar aged 17, 11 weeks ago i got tackled in football and twisted my knee and as it twisted it then hit the floor, it swelled up instantly, i still cannot kick a ball without a sharp shooting pain, also pain when turning, i cannot run, i have had an mri it came up fully clear, all the doctors i saw before the scan had said i had torn my meniscus and even one said about the ACL and MCL that was a specialist. i have had blood tests now i am waiting on the results, however i am not satisfied i feel lie i have done damage inside my knee, do you think i should request another mri as my manager is willing to pay for private scan or is there any alternatives?

Symptoms: Pain in knee, sharp burning pain constant

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are h aving soft tissue injury in your knee. Your MRI is clear so you does not have any ligament and meniscus injury. Soft tissue injury sometimes takes time to heal. So you are advised rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. Quadriceps exercises are helpful. However if you are confused then you can repeat MRI. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care