I am a little over 4 weeks pregnant I went

Patient : I am a little over 4 weeks pregnant I went in for my HCG levels and it was at 1208 the dr said it was low. Is this a bad sign ? What is the normal range for 4 weeks
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD, The hcg levels at 4 weeks are generally in the range of 3000-4000IU. But as lo ng as the pregnancy is growing, then just one single estimation of hcg is of no value rather a serial estimation of hcg should be done after 48hrs to note a rise of more than 65% which confirms continuation of pregnancy healthily. So at present there is no real cause of worry, just review with a ultrasound pelvis after 6 weeks to look for heartbeat of the foetus and then you may repeat the hcg serial levels again establishing the viability of the foetus. I hope I have answered your query in detail, Wishing you safe pregnancy, Regards