Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a man and have some blood pee

I am a man and have some blood pee

Patient: I am a man and have some blood pee

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Blood in urine can be because of many reasons common being Uri nary tract infection, Stones in the renal tract, Nephritic syndrome, Bladder carcinoma, Prostatitis.If you have recurrent burning urination, flank pain and vomitings then Ureteric Colic due to stones is most likely. In most of the cases, ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.So, you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen, Urine routine examination & culture. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of stone. Also important here is to get a Fasting Blood Sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy.