Patient :I am a married woman with a high sex drive and husband who cannot / will not have sex. We have had sex 5 times in 8 years. He loves me and I him, but it isn't enough for me. I have had a couple of affairs and get opportunities frequently. I need sex to feel alive, but my husband has health issues and emotional issues which make this impossible. I wonder if chemical castration is an answer.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Madam, this is a very very tricky question.
I would like to know a few more things before I can really help you out:
- How old are your?
- Was there any guilt feeling after you had affairs/opportunity?
- or a better feeling after you had it outside marriage?
- Was there any long lasting affair where you had mental/psychological support too?
- What is your own though, belief and practical life expectancy?
- Are you really ready to accept the permanent disability once you do chemical castration?
- What is the opinion of your husband who cannot have sex with you frequently and still want you to continue in marriage? Do you really think he loves you so much that you are sexually deprived because of his health issues and still want to be in marital relationship?
- Is this the issue since marriage or developed a problem after having normal sex life for some time?
- Have you consulted anytime with your closest of friend or family matter or a counselor? If yes, opinion you got?
I understand this is a long list , but I want you read carefully and answer them truthfully.
I am sure the ideas about your own life will get clearer, confusion reduced and emotions kept aside, a practical solution be found.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.