I am a month late and I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive

Patient : I amonth late and I took a pregnancy test, and it came out positive. My first date of my last period was Jan 17 2015. how many months am I? And what to expect when I go to the doctor
Doctor :   Thank you for asking us your question. It seems that you may be pregnant. There are a few causes of a false positive pregnancy test: - Improper testing - Certain medication - Choriocarcinoma - Ovarian cancers - Defective pregnancy test kits I recommend that you take another pregnancy test with a different kit. And if that comes back positive, you should see a Doctor. The Doctor will confirm the pregnancy with an hCG test and then do an Ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy. I hope this helps you. All the best.