Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a month late and I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive

I am a month late and I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive

Patient: I amonth late and I took a pregnancy test, and it came out positive. My first date of my last period was Jan 17 2015. how many months am I? And what to expect when I go to the doctor

Doctor: Thank you for asking us your question.It seems that you may be pregnant. There are a few causes of a false positive pregnancy test:- Improper testing- Certain medication- Choriocarcinoma- Ovarian cancers- Defective pregnancy test kitsI recommend that you take another pregnancy test with a different kit. And if that comes back positive, you should see a Doctor.The Doctor will confirm the pregnancy with an hCG test and then do an Ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.I hope this helps you.All the best.