I am a month late and I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive

Patient

Q: I amonth late and I took a pregnancy test, and it came out positive. My first date of my last period was Jan 17 2015. how many months am I? And what to expect when I go to the doctor

Doctor

A:   Thank you for asking us your question.

It seems that you may be pregnant. There are a few causes of a false positive pregnancy test:
- Improper testing
- Certain medication
- Choriocarcinoma
- Ovarian cancers
- Defective pregnancy test kits

I recommend that you take another pregnancy test with a different kit. And if that comes back positive, you should see a Doctor.

The Doctor will confirm the pregnancy with an hCG test and then do an Ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.

I hope this helps you.
All the best.