Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a otherwise healthy 33 year old female On

I am a otherwise healthy 33 year old female On

Patient: I am a otherwise healthy 33 year old female. On Friday I started having vaginal bleeding, this was about 8 days later than usual. On Friday evening I had terrible abdominal pain and pain in my cervix. The pain radiated around my torso and down to my thighs. I went to bed in pain and it was gone by the Saturday morning, but I didn’t sleep well. Saturday evening the pain returned and was worse. I saw spots from the pain. I went to bed in pain and didn’t sleep well again. Sunday I woke up pain free, but as the day went on it got worse than the previous 2 days. I almost blacked out. Advil and alieve haven’t worked and a heating pad makes the pain worse. I called my doctor today, she said take 800mg ibuprofen 3x daily until I see her Thursday. She said she’s not concerned. She also told me to take a home pregnancy test, which was negative. Also, I have a paragard iud.I don’t think this pain is normal. It doesn’t feel like menstrual cramps, it is a continuous, radiating pain.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have one of the following:Pelvic inflammatory diseaseTumour of the genital tractPlease see your Doctor to get the necessary imaging done and also get a hysteroscopy done to help you. You may also want to get the IUD removed and then use a different form of contraception like OCPs.Wishing you the best.