Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a teenage girl and I have found patches

I am a teenage girl and I have found patches

Patient: I am a teenage girl and I have found patches of loose skin on my lower back. The skin has no muscle or fat tissue around it so I can pinch it and pull it outwards. Is this normal and does my condition have a name?Thanks so much! -Manda R

Doctor: Hi.As per the description you have provided this looks to be the remnant of a birth defect call meningocele and I a m sure your parents knew this and must have consulted Doctors when you were a little girl, and must have thought not to give a scar.Well, you can consult a Surgeon, get MRI and get operated if you are willing.Hope this helps you.