Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a twenty year old women with serious fatigue,

I am a twenty year old women with serious fatigue,

Patient: I am a twenty year old women with serious fatigue, body aches, weightless and no appetite. I have begun to bruise easily and feel less and less energetic. I feel helpless, what do I do?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Recurrent spontaneous bruising requires evaluation for the cause . I used the word spontaneous because there is no history of any trauma. In case this is associated with tiredness, then it’s a high possibility that you have associated anemia.So, you would require evaluation and I advise you get following investigations done:1) Platelet count2) PT/INR3) Liver function testIf any abnormality is found in these investigations , then further work up will be done to rule out any coagulation disorder, von Willebrand disease. If thrombocytopenia is found, bone marrow will be done.Possibility of leukemia is unlikely but it cannot be ignored also.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you properly and order tests for you.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy