I am a week late for my period, yesturday I

Q: I am a week late for my period, yesturday I had wiped and I wiped blood like my period started but I had not peed out blood, maybe an hour later I used the restroom again and nothing it was clean like nothing happened than today I used the restroom again and this when I wiped it was a little bit of a dark brown egg yolkish looking stuff no blood I waited about another hour than it was a clean wipe. I am a little concerned because I had wiped blood yesturday and it wasnt dark it was a bright red and today it was a little bit of a dark yolk but it looks like it is happening once a day and im already a week late. Any ideas.

It could mean that there is some hormonal changes happening in this cycle and hence the period is delayed and signs of abnormal bleeding is noted.
It is important that a pregnancy has to be ruled out in case you are sexually active.If negative for pregnancy, consult a gynecologist for an ultrasound examination and hormonal investigations. Thyroid, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal changes, prolactin hormonal changes, stress, polycystic ovaries, must all be ruled out .

Hope this helped.