I am a yoga practitioner and I have always had

Q: I am a yoga practitioner and I have always had knee joint pains and hip joint pains when sitting crossed legged and it was getting better with practice but now the same seems worse. The joints feel very tight and stiff and take time to warm up. Once warmed up, I can sit more comfortably but it doesn't take long before the joints start hurting again and then there is a sharp pain down almost a line from the knee joint to the hip joint.

This is disturbing my practice and it also worries me that the agony is getting worse. Please can you advise on this.