Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am about 36 weeks pregnant and over the past

I am about 36 weeks pregnant and over the past

Patient: I am about 36 weeks pregnant and over the past month a have experienced what seems to be a rush of blood to my head. it feels like its gonna explode from oressure. there is no pain just pressure. my head is very red and i am hot. this has happe ed at least 6 times and there are other times where injust feel some pressure from the abdomen up. what is causing this and should i be concerned? i dobhave vericose veins going.from my calf up into the crotch area. thank u.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Hyperdynamic blood circulation is observed in pregnancy, that may have been causing this . Pregnancy places a huge demand before the hemodynamic system of the body. The growing fetus adds to the demand and coupled with relative hemodilution, many pregnant ladies suffer from anemia. The pressure in your stomach may possibly due to the growing fetus. Please visit your doctor and share your experiences. Increased blood pressure may also cause similar symptoms. Please have your blood pressure checked without any further delay!Hope this helps you.