I am about 8 weeks pregnant and have not yet

Q: I am about 8 weeks pregnant and have not yet had my first appointment. This is my first pregnancy. I have had the full morning sickness, and it lasts all day long. I have no energy to do anything, sleeping all the time, and even just the thought of food makes me want to throw up. For the past few days, I have had an excruciating pain on my right side, about an inch below my ribs. I am to the point of crying when it happens. I am just wondering if this is normal? Is there any medicine that is safe for me to take for my nausea? Thank you so much for your help!

Symptoms:  Pregnancy pains

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

Fatigue and nausea are common in the first trimester of pregnancy. The drug that will help you with nausea in pregnancy is a prescription drug, so kindly visit a gynaecologist so that he or she may prescribe you the same.
The pain you have mentioned is suggestive of biliary colic.It is usually due to gallstones getting trapped in a narrow part of the gallbladder neck, or sometimes, just due to spasm of the gallbladder.
The pain may spread from the right side of the upper abdomen to the side and to the back, under the shoulder blade bone.
The sufferer often paces around or curls up in bed, assuming various postures, looking for a position of comfort.
There may be associated nausea or actual vomiting.
The pain tends to last for about 20 to 30 minutes, few hours or a whole day or two and then resolves.
Foods rich in fat like fries, stews, or heavy meals are more likely to trigger attacks of biliary colic.
If you suffer with the above symptoms with associated fever, feeling hot and cold and perhaps shivering, with yellowness of the white area of your eyes (jaundice), this is often due to cholecystitis, which could potentially be serious if not treated in good time. It is important you consult your doctor immediately or go to your local Emergency Medicine Department.

Hope this helps. Take care.