Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am always cold Especially my hands and feet

I am always cold Especially my hands and feet

Patient: I am always cold. Especially my hands and feet. They sometimes look bluish. What is the cause of this

Doctor: Thank you for choosing ATD.Here are possible causes of bluish discoloration of the skin:- Thrombosis- Embolism- Cold exposure- Raynaud’s disease- Acrocyanosis- Beta BlockersBased on your history, it seems that you have Raynaud’s disease. Raynaud’s disease happens due to spasm of the arteries in the fingers. This causes a bluish discoloration of the fingers. Raynaud’s disease increases when there is cold. The cold will cause bluish discoloration and pain in the fingers.However, you need to meet a Doctor to get examined and then get treated for it. Usually, medications are sufficient for treatment of the Raynaud’s disease.I wish you a speedy recovery!