Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am an 18 year old girl I had unprotected

I am an 18 year old girl I had unprotected

Patient: I am an 18 year old girl I had unprotected sex on April 12 and its April 26 today I should’ve got my period yesterday am I pregnant?

Doctor: HelloThanks for using Doctor Spring for posting your query.I have gone through your question in detail and I can u nderstand what you are going through.Delay in periods is common and 1 day missing of period is not an issue. Further there is no specific sign of pregnancy. If you have a doubt, you may get a urine pregnancy test done. That’s the most specific test to confirm the diagnosis.Hope this helps,In case if you have any further query, do let me know.Kind regards