Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am asthmatic patient iam using ventoline in nebuliser

I am asthmatic patient iam using ventoline in nebuliser

Patient: I am asthmatic patient iam using ventoline in nebuliser but its effect last only for 2hours. After 2hours i have to take nebliser again. Quantiy of ventoline is 0.5ml and that of normal saline is 2ml per dose.. Any help ????

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your problem that he effect of Ventoline in Saline nebuliser is worki ng only for 2 hours.The best solution is to get examined, clinically evaluated and investigated by doing Pulmonary function tests to decide the less effective cause of the current medicines you are taking.It seems to me that you need additional oral medication of bronchodilators and may be steroids too.I am sure your Doctor will do the needful.Hope this helps you.