I am backpacking for up to two years I am

Q: I am backpacking for up to two years. I am currently on the NuvaRing but am worried about storing them while i'm on the road. I shouldn't be in temperatures hotter than 30C, but am still concerned. Is it a better option for me to switch birth control methods? My body seems to show side effects of medication (ie weight gain/mood changes) quite easily so I am wondering if it would be worth switching to a pill/implant or sticking with NuvaRing.
The implant option seems to be ideal, although from the reviews I have read it seems like most people experience terribly symptoms. Also, is the implant safe? Is the patch still an option?

What would you reccommend?