Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am being eatin alive by tiny bugs or parasites

I am being eatin alive by tiny bugs or parasites

Patient: I am being eatin alive by tiny bugs or parasites I believe. It is not lice. I feel movement on head and sometimes body and it looks like crumbs sometimes white some black dots on head as well as oval shape black things. Sometimes I feel like someone stabbed me with a needle and then my head swells like goose egg and it hurts. Doctors look with eyes don’t see anything but scabs so they won’t help me. I can’t take anymore . have had exterminators several times they don’t see anything. I tore out all carpet tried permethrin, lice shampoo. Pain is getting debilitating am fatigued no strength left. Been fighting for 2 years don’t know how much more I can take. Feel like splinters in skin as well.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Looks like you will need to consult a dermatologist for a proper examination and not ju st a general doctor. The doctor will surely be able to rule out any possible infestations and treat you adequately. If the doctor feels there is no cause detected, you may have to see a psychiatrist as this could be a psychiatric condition as well. Sometimes, in illicit drug use like cocaine, people feel this way that worms are crawling all over the head and body. You may need a thorough assessment and follow-ups with medications and counselling sessions. Do not worry, we can always find a solution for this.Hope this helped.Regards