I am confused about my pregnancy test result

Patient: Hi. I am confused about my pregnancy test result. My period was from 28th March to 2nd April. I had sex on 4th April. I was feeling funny today 9th April and I took two pregnancy test using an home kit and came out positive. I have a 30days cycle and have always had a regular period. My boyfriend reckons its impossible for me to be pregnant. Is it actually possible that I may be pregnant? I defeats all the pregnant mechanism I know. am an emotional wreck please help!

Symptoms: Tender and full breast

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.If the dates mentioned by you are correctly remembered by you an d you have a regular cycle, then there is a remote possibility of getting pregnant. Your test might be false positive.False positive test results can occur due to:1.Errors of test application2.Use of drugs containing the hCG molecule3. Medications like chlorpromazine, phenothiazines and methadone.4. Liver diseases, cancers like choriocarcinoma.See your doctor, get your Urine pregnancy test repeated, get Serum hCG levels and Ultrasound Pregnancy protocol done.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.