Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am currently 31 weeks pregnant, and my labia minora is swollen

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant, and my labia minora is swollen

Patient: I am currently 31 weeks pregnant, and my labia minora is swollen and has two red bumps. There are also several other swollen bumps by my vaginal vestibule . What could this be?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting ATD for an opinion here.If you are 31 weeks pregnant and you have been seeing red bum ps over your vaginal vestibule which are in confluence then they could possibly be herpes genitalis infection. This can be ruled out after a local examination by a Physician and a swab culture which can isolate the organism and can confirm the diagnosis. Please visit your Physician for an exam.I hope this helps you.Regards