I am currently in Mexico on vacation and am the

Patient: I am currently in Mexico on vacation and am the only person out of four of us that has swollen welts all over my legs. They are so itchy and eventually puss. Have been using calamine lotion to treat itchiness but it is severe. Help

Symptoms: Welts that seem to spread. Only on legs. Severely itchy. Swollen. Eventually puss.

I am currently in Mexico on...-1 I am currently in Mexico on...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photographs also. I understand your c oncern.As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called urticaria. It is characterised by red colored itchy transient eruptions over body. It can be caused by allergy to recent infection, any food, seasonal change, drugs, pollen grains etc. I will advise you to get your thyroid profile ,Absolute Eosinophil count, IgE levels done.In such cases, I prefer to advise oral antihistaminics like levocetrizine for atleast 3 – 4 weeks . You can continue to apply calamine lotion for symptomatic relief.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.Take care.