Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am currently taking birth control I am in my

I am currently taking birth control I am in my

Patient: I am currently taking birth control I am in my second of Month of birth control, I am taking Levora. Yesterday my partner and I had sex first for the first time without a condom and he did pull out. I am scared since this was the first time we had done it without a condom. He has been my first and only partner so I am all new to this. Should I take an emergency contraception even if I on the pill and he pulled out? I do not want to keep putting that many hormones in my body. I sometimes take my birth control 1-2 hours Later but I have never missed a pill. When he ejaculated, he did so on my stomach and I wiped it off after.

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.The chances of pregna ncy is not there in your case as you are taking birth control pills regularly because it is 99% effective.Condom gives protection against STD infection.So there is no need of emergency pills.So do not take any stress and continue taking your birth control pills.Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards