I am currently taking the YAZ birth control pill and

Q: I am currently taking the YAZ birth control pill and I finished my last packet, due to start taking the first pill of the new packet on Sunday. I lost my prescription and couldnt get a new one until today. Therefore I am 2 days late in taking my pill in the first week. I had sex on Saturday night also.
What do I do?

Symptoms:  None

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
If you were regular on your pill till Saturday then having sex on saturday would still keep you safe from pregnancy as ovulation is unlikely to occur in 2 days. As you have missed your 2 pills already and yet have not received a withdrawal bleed then you can safely start the first pill from today but you have to ensure an additional contraception in form of barrier contraception for next one week. you may experience some spotting to bleed in next few days but continue the new pill pack without stopping it. You should be protected.
Just to be on the safer side, perform a serum beta hcg test after 7 days to rule out any pregnancy. If negative then you can safely continue the pack without any anxiety.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: I have received my withdrawal bleed and it is still ongoing. Does this have any effect on the above information?
Doctor: Well, if you have had withdrawal during the last 4 inactive pills, still ovulation would not have occurred in these 2 days and these days can be otherwise considered safe. So start the fresh pack from today and practice additional barrier contraception for a week. You shall continue to stay protected.
Patient: Thank you so much. Great service. I will use it again.
Kind regards
Doctor: Thank you for using the service.