I am exhausted, sweaty and feverish (100 degrees Fahrenheit) even

Patient

Q: I am exhausted, sweaty and feverish (100 degrees Fahrenheit) even after a short walk. Blood and stool tests have been negative. This condition recurs from
Time to time and right now it's two weeks already. I was given amoxicillin but I don't see improvement after some days.

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
If there has been absolutely no improvement then this needs detailed evaluation. It could even just be a viral infection and hence it is not responding to treatment.

One other possibility is when you go out to walk, you end up reacting to the heat and hence the fever like manifestations. I will advise you to change the antibiotic for a week, just to see the response. A combination of azithromycin and levofloxacin will work well. I won't advise further blood tests as I conclude they were recently done and normal.

If it is because or a viral, some infections take a long time to go, and it may persist for a couple of more weeks.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.