I am experience extremely intense emotions that shift rapidly multiple

Patient

Q: I am experience extremely intense emotions that shift rapidly multiple times a day, usually only last up to a couple hours tops. They are sometimes associated with feelings of depression/desperation, emptiness/boredom, random anger, thoughts of hurting myself or other people, and once in a while extreme joy and positivity. I find I'm very paranoid about the way people look at me. I often find myself thinking that everyone hates me when they actually don't. The way I view myself and the world around me changes on a day to day basis. Each day I feel something different. I am also having obsessions of achieving perfection in every aspect of my life. I get angry and upset when my goals are not met. I also have nightmares almost every night followed by nights sweats.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I believe that you have some type of mental disorder. These can be due to stress or anger in general because of not being able to cope with the pressure of life. If this seems to be the case, you need to see a Psychiatrist or a counsellor. They will help you to reach a diagnosis and start you on therapy. Possible treatment options are:
Cognitive behaviour therapy
Counselling
And drugs if the rest of the treatments do not work.

Hope this helps you. All the best