Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am experience extremely intense emotions that shift rapidly multiple

I am experience extremely intense emotions that shift rapidly multiple

Patient: I am experience extremely intense emotions that shift rapidly multiple times a day, usually only last up to a couple hours tops. They are sometimes associated with feelings of depression/desperation, emptiness/boredom, random anger, thoughts of hurting myself or other people, and once in a while extreme joy and positivity. I find I’m very paranoid about the way people look at me. I often find myself thinking that everyone hates me when they actually don’t. The way I view myself and the world around me changes on a day to day basis. Each day I feel something different. I am also having obsessions of achieving perfection in every aspect of my life. I get angry and upset when my goals are not met. I also have nightmares almost every night followed by nights sweats.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I believe that you have some type of mental disorder. These can be due to stress or ange r in general because of not being able to cope with the pressure of life. If this seems to be the case, you need to see a Psychiatrist or a counsellor. They will help you to reach a diagnosis and start you on therapy. Possible treatment options are:Cognitive behaviour therapyCounsellingAnd drugs if the rest of the treatments do not work.Hope this helps you. All the best