I am experiencing swelling on my right nipple wirh prior

Q: I am experiencing swelling on my right nipple wirh prior leakage for about 2 weeks that now is causing pain and itching. How do i releave this?

Symptoms:  Pain itching swelling
I am experiencing swelling ...-1

A:   Hi, thanks for your query, proper history and the clear picture you have provided.

The picture clearly shows that the whole nipple along with areola is involved, elevated, inflamed and looks as if there is either a pus collection or a mass underneath.
I were to treat you following will be my strategy, please discuss with your Doctor and follow as far as possible.
- First of all get an ultrasonography and aspiration if there is a pus to be sent for analysis, culture and sensitivity before starting the antibiotic will give the best possible results to guide us in future.
- USG will guide whether there is collection inside or mass.
If collection is there, I shall do incision and drainage with a counter-incision to relieve the abscess.
If mass- FNAC and plan for further treatment as per the reports.

Additional supportive treatment in the form of anti-inflammatory medicines should be started.
So get started, if required and asked get admitted to facilitate proper investigations and treatment.

Hope this helps you.