Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having a big pimple on my left buttocks

I am having a big pimple on my left buttocks

Patient: I am having a big pimple on my left buttocks. Sometimes when I sit it feels pain. Is it a serious disease. Pleas suggest a remedy or medicine

I am having a big pimple on...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached pic also.As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Furunculosis. It is a bacterial infection of the skin involving the hair follicle. In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. If severe, oral antibiotics like cloxacillin is given.Get your blood sugar levels done.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care