Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow I didn’t follow the

I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow I didn’t follow the

Patient: I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow. I didn’t follow the movi-prep instructions properly. Instead of mixing a liter with two packets I mixed 2 liters with 4 packets. I have drunk the first liter of it and nothing has happened (no BM) in 3 hours. Will the solution still work Adobe mixed it?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Yes, the solution will work and it may up to 4 hours to sh ow the effect. Probably you will have plenty of loose stools which will clear your colon, so that the person doing your colonoscopy can have a clear visibility inside.In case you don’t get bowel clearing, inform your doctor about this. He will get you an enema before the colonoscopy.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy