I am having a panick attack from codine

Patient

Q: Treatment for side effect of codine - shortness of breath.

Symptoms:  Shortness of. Breath
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your shortness of breath may be due to an allergic reaction to codeine. We recommend that you promptly discontinue this medication and go to your nearest emergency department to be evaluated for a possible allergic reaction to this medication. Codeine allergies are not uncommon and can become severe allergic reactions leading to restriction of the airways thereby obstructing ones ability to breath. Please seek medical attention immediately.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com