Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having a runny Vaginal discharge but no pain

I am having a runny Vaginal discharge but no pain

Patient: I am having a runny Vaginal discharge but no pain when ruination get

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You seem to have developed a vaginitis. It is a vaginal infection that causes abunda nt discharge from the vagina. It could be bacterial or fungal.Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as a high vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity to detect the infection.You may need a course of antibiotics and vaginal pessaries for a week. Avoid nylon undergarments and tight clothes, wear only cotton ones.Avoid unprotected intercourse until you have recovered from the symptoms.Hope this helped.Regards