I am having extreme pains at the base of my

Patient : I am having extreme pains at the base of my thumb into my wrist. It isn't shooting up to my arm, I was told I have tendonitis and I wasn't given anything when I went to urgent care last night. It seems as it pretty much came out of nowhere and I haven't been able to sleep for three days now. I've taken a couple ibuprofen 600mg last night before bed, but all it did was take away the throbbing. I am almost to the point where I can't use it anymore and the doctors here won't do anything for me. Is there something I can do for this? Ice and heat when applied make it hurt even more.
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. If you are having more pain with icing, then you need to see a Doctor. Because it is pos sible that you have a cramping related disease. Or you have a muscular dystrophy. The best way to get treated is to talk to a Doctor and decide the therapy from then on. Hope this helps you. All the best.