I am having fluid coming out of my ears and

Q: I am having fluid coming out of my ears and crackling noises. I just got over a bad cold and have a lot of ear pressure and am taking steriods to see if that helps. What else could this be?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Fluid coming out of ears with crackling sounds after a bad attack cold is definitely due to upper respiratory infection going through the Eustachian tunes to the middle ears and the mastoid air cells , thereby taking time to have resolution.
Steroids alone will never help.
You need to take additional treatment:
Nasal decongestants drops.
Antibiotics if there is evidence of infection by color, smell and culture report.
Bed rest
All these factors will help to get a relief.
Consult an ENT for better examination, understanding as to what is going on and proper treatment.

I hope this helps you to get well soon.