I am having fluid coming out of my ears and

Patient : I am having fluid coming out of my ears and crackling noises. I just got over a bad cold and have a lot of ear pressure and am taking steriods to see if that helps. What else could this be?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Fluid coming out of ears with crackling sounds after a bad attack cold is definitely due to upper respiratory infection going through the Eustachian tunes to the middle ears and the mastoid air cells , thereby taking time to have resolution. Steroids alone will never help. You need to take additional treatment: Antihistamines Nasal decongestants drops. Antibiotics if there is evidence of infection by color, smell and culture report. Bed rest All these factors will help to get a relief. Consult an ENT for better examination, understanding as to what is going on and proper treatment. I hope this helps you to get well soon.