Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having horrible pain in my left lower abdomen

I am having horrible pain in my left lower abdomen

Patient: I am having horrible pain in my left lower abdomen and it hurts to walk and sit down but putting pressure on it relives it. What is going on

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The symptoms are suggestive of a muscular pain, as other kind of pain would not be relieved on applying pressure.I will advise you to restrict your movements as far as possible for a couple of days and also take Tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily for 3 days. This will help in relieving the pain.Hope this was helpful,Regards