I am having issues urinating All day today, I was going every 10-15 minutes.

Q: I am having issues urinating. All day today, I was going every 10-15 minutes. As of 7pm I am unable to urinate. I have the urge to go, however am unable to when I get to the restroom. Can you help me? I'm having pain when I try to go...a burning, stinging sensation.

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

You seem to be suffering from severe UTI. You need to get a urine routine and a urine culture done to confirm the diagnosis.
I advise you meet your Physician as soon as possible and get the investigations done. You can prophylactically start on Tab. Cotrimoxazole ( TMP-SMX ) twice daily, till the culture reports are ready. If the culture report confirms, the organism is sensitive to Cotrimoxazole, you can continue taking the medicine for 7-10 days.

You can take Cranberry juice without sugar, 2-3 times daily. This will reduce the burning and stinging sensation while passing urine. Since the frequency of urination is high, the bladder also seems involved. In such cases, an alpha blocker can be prescribed by your Physician if required to relieve the spasm on the neck of the bladder.

Hope this was helpful,