I am having like a tightening feeling in my right

Patient

Q: I am having like a tightening feeling in my right leg about 2in up from my knee and almost on the inner thigh its not constant comes and goes. I recently started walking a mile a day for exercize could this be causing it

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.

It is possible to get tightness in the leg due to exercise. This is known as DOMS. DOMS is short for Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness. DOMS occurs when you perform unaccustomed exercise causing pain in the legs.

It takes 3 to 5 days for DOMS to recover. You can help speed up recovery by using NSAIDs like Ibuprofen, Local heating and Massage.

Wish you a speedy recovery.