I am having mild pains and numbness

Q: I am having mild pains and numbness. I'm 23 year old male. The areas that go numb are my left arm, back of left leg, my right side hurts, and more recently my chest has been bothering me. Also to mention numbness and a tingling sensation in my toes. Please help me understand what is going on. I have asthma and scoliosis, with a herniated disk. My name is Jason .

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from any of the following:
1. Muscular back pain
2. Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.

I would advise you to get following:
1. X-ray Cervical spine
2. X-ray LS spine
3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels
4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.

For muscular pain i advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.

If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.