Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having my menstrual periods since 5 days but

I am having my menstrual periods since 5 days but

Patient: I am having my menstrual periods since 5 days but the first day it was fine although the second day it has become less and I cant eat or drink anything I feel like vomiting .

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.There are so many ca uses other than pregnancy which may cause scanty menses.You should go and get your pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy.It can be due to hormonal disturbance, stress, anxiety, excessive exercise , weight changes, PCOS, fibroid and infection.So please get your home urine pregnancy test done and keep watch on it.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards