Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having pain directly under my ribs

I am having pain directly under my ribs

Patient: I am having pain directly under my ribs on the right side, radiating up to my shoulder. I had my gallbladder removed about 2-3 years ago. I have a history of gastritis and intussusception but the pain never felt like this. I recently rid my body of intestinal tapeworms. What is causing this pain?

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).I would advise following in such scenario:1. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.2. To take soft, bland diet.3. To take anti flatulent and anti-acidity syrup like Digene.I would also advise following investigations.1. Upper GI endoscopy2. Ultrasound Abdomen.You would require evaluation for Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease if you have persisting acidity, loose stools, weight loss.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy