Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having pain in upper side of urinal passage

I am having pain in upper side of urinal passage

Patient: I am having pain in upper side of urinal passage. Itching and pain . Uncomfortable while walking and sitting with legs togetherwhat should I do

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) secondary to stone/stones in the ureter.Mostly recurrent burning urination, flank pain and vomitings are due to Ureteric Colic only.In most of the cases, a ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.So, you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of the stone. Also important here is to get a Fasting Blood Sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.You should not ignore this, go to ER now.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy