I am having pain, like muscle tightness in my chest

Patient

Q: I am having pain, like muscle tightness in my chest on right side, when iove my shoulder backon the roght sode.i can feel pulling and strain like a have a crick iny chest instead my neck. The pain is constant, i also have sharp pain in my left shoulder blade. The pain in my chest feels deep. It feels like my blood pressure is elevated, but when i check it only the bottom number is, last checked a few minutes ago it was 141/98. What should i do?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

First of all remember that you are having Hypertension means high BP, if three different readings are high like this, you may need a treatment for elevated Blood pressure.
Secondly the pain in the right side of the chest increasing as per your explanation is suggestive myo-fibrositis or a fractured rib.
Thirdly the pain in the left should blade can be due top local muscular problem.
But it is imperative to have minimum X-ray of all the painful areas.

I would advise you the following:
Get a clinical evaluation done by a General Surgeon, physical examination and investigations as necessary.
A proper diagnosis alone can help to get a proper treatment.

Hope this helps you.