Ask The Doctor > Pending > I am having severe itching on the backs of my

I am having severe itching on the backs of my

Patient: I am having severe itching on the backs of my hands and wrists it recently spread to the lower front half of my legs. The itching on my hands has been there for months, but was just around the knuckles. I went to the doctor who said it was eczema and told me to get cetaphil. It helped for about a week then 7 days ago the itching got more intense and spread down my hands with the bumps. The itching is most intense mid morning and again at night, but more so mid morning. The bumps also fade as the day goes on then reappear when i scratch. Was I misdiagnosed, is it scabies? I’m worried because I have a 7 mo. old. (Who along with my husband is not experiencing symptoms so far). I have a follow up appointment Wednesday (6 days from now) but want to go sooner if there’s a greater possibility of it being scabies.

Doctor: