Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am having severe lower back pains, pain in abdomen,

I am having severe lower back pains, pain in abdomen,

Patient: I am having severe lower back pains, pain in abdomen, recently urination. Uncomfortable when urinating and in the last day or two fever. Also something on right lower back side is buldging out. What is this?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at ATD.I understand your concern.Your symptoms are suggestive of either a urinary tract infection or a kidney infection.The bulging needs to be physically examined by your local physician.I will advise you get a urine test done along with RFT. If required you can also get an ultrasound done based on your physician’s recommendations.A good choice antibiotic would be Doxycycline with a recommended dosage of 100 mg twice daily. Please consult your physician and proceed.Hope this was helpful,Regards.